What's one thing you wish you had known before you became a parent?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• That as hard as you think it is going to be you wind up wishing it was that easy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That its not nearly as easy as it looks on the outside. No matter what you do with your child, there are going to be times that they screw up and that doesn't necessarily reflect on your parenting skills.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Also...that my Mother is a great deal stronger and smarter than I ever dreamed until I was raising my own family.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• that whenver your child is crying in pain that it would feel like your heart is being torn out.
    MommyRat

Answer by MommyRat at 7:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• To be very careful with whom you have them with.... I know we make beautiful babies but right now I'm going through hell to leave him...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That they would have my personality and short fuse. Omg. House full of hotheads.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Nothing lol being a parent we all know we will make our own mistakes that is the fun part of being a parent you choose and you live by that choice and see where it takes you.. I hope beyond hope we my husband and i did a great job.. We have two amazing daughters one is a sophmore in college she is 18 and our other daughter is 20 a senior in college.. We are so proud of them both..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That I will never be abble to sleep 10 hrs a day.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 8:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• that her personality could be just like mine . that every second of your day is on your child. that you truely become self less when you become a parent. and its the best rollercoaster ride you can ever be on.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That what my mother wished on me would come true..

She said, she cant wait until I have children of my own so they can do to me what I did to her...lol
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010