brown spot?

I have a 7month old boy and he is mixed with black and white and he was a big brown spot on his tummy. It is his skin i dont know if he is changing his color or what has anyone eles had this happen? what could it be? should I got to dotor?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has a birth mark on his knee since he was born. He's 4 and he thinks it's dirt on his knee. I would watch it and see if it changes color. Then when you go to the doctors next time ask him.
    Good Luck ! He use to have a strawberry color patch on one of his inner thighs when he was an infant but it's gone now.
    AlohaWahine

Answer by AlohaWahine at 1:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• could it be a birth mark?
    Anonymous

• no it just came up and its big and dark brown and the rest of his skin is light brown.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• could it be dirt of some sort?
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 10:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• At 7 months old, could he have gotten a bruise or something? Some kids aren't even sitting up alone good at that age, and some are almost walking. You would know how active he is and if he might have bumped against something.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Most babies are born with a birthmark but I have been told that biracial babies have a 'coffee patch' that can be anywhere, butt, leg, arm, back, tummy, etc. Ask your doctor next time your child goes in for a check up.
    MiaMJK

Answer by MiaMJK at 10:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• It's probably mongolian spots. I don't know much about them, but a little boy i used to babysit had them on his rear and his thigh's. His mom said he wasn't born with them but they kinda developed as he got older and the doctor said they may lighten as he got older but alot of children of mixed races, especially black and white have them. Hope that helps, and hope i got most of the facts right.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008