How did your husband/fiance propose??

I just wanted to ask a fun question. I was watching proposals on youtube and was bawling my eyes out. (I'm a softy! I know! LOL!) So that's my question! I love details...so don't leave anything out!

kimbercase26

Asked by kimbercase26 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My husband didn't get down on one knee or anything...he's not really a softy kinda guy (unfortunately) but i liked the way he proposed. He just handed me a box. It was a ring box obviously, but when i opened it up i expected to see a beautiful ring inside...nope! it was a gumball machine ring with a little cowboy boot on it (that's just what he happened to get lol). And the he asked...and i said yes (regardless of the ring!) then he pulled out the little bubble thingy that he got from the gumball machine and it had the real ring in it! It was so sweet!
    ManderInOrange

Answer by ManderInOrange at 10:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Since I asked the question...I start it off! Lol!

My fiance proposed on Christmas Eve. We were upstairs getting ready to put my son to bed. We were looking on the internet and 'tracking' Santa. After we found out where Santa was we were getting up to walk T into his room and Jason told T that he needed help with something. So was clueless and just stood there. Jason got on his knee and propsed. He wanted to know if T was ok with it and T was WAY excited. He was telling me to 'Say yes! Say yes!' and after the initial shock and through my tears I said yes. Jason slid this gorgeous ring on my finger and we put T to bed. I don't think it could have been any more perfect. I had my 2 best men in my life with me. And now we are trying to get all the arrangements made for our upcoming wedding! :)
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• ManderlinOrange...That is SOOO sweet! What a great way to propose! Very unique! I hope you guys have a great life together! :)
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• well you will not cry at this one. HE SUCKED AT IT surprised i said yes. Ok so we went to dinner at a place called Spanky's lol (by the way that place went under) and after we ate our sandwiches because thats what the menu was sandwiches he said I was wondering if you would marry me and laid the ring on the table he didn't take my hand not on one knee just hey will you marry me and here is the ring but I love him and I said yes and we have been married for 8 years now. Still have the glass they gave us that day.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 10:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Jenlos...I still think it's sweet! And the fact that you've been married for 8 years is awesome! Congratulations! I'm from a small town in Ohio and we have pizza place called Spanky's. I think it's a bar too! Lol!
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• we were watching 'the omen'...oh yeah..and about the time damian is mocking God, blaspheming the crucifix, really tense part of the story(in spiritual terms, and i'm thinking "holy crap,this actor is so going to hell for playing this character!''lmao), my then-bf pulled a ring out of his pocket(no box, no ribbons) and said, 'so, you think this will fit?'
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• thehairnazi...I would have about pooped my pants! Lol! Congratulations! Best wishes to you! :)
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My husband proposed on the 4th of July. I had to pick him up from work and we headed straight out to the airport where they have the fireworks, and he had a small box with him (not a ring box, bigger than that). I asked what it was and he said it was for me, but I couldn't open it until later. So we went out to the airport, and met up with my mom, her boyfriend and my sister, and we all sat together. DH was acting kinda weird, they did some demonstrations and cool things, but he wouldn't leave our area. He finally did though, so I didn't think much of it. When it got dark, they raised the flag and sang the national anthem, so we were standing, and then when it was over, I sat back down, but he didn't right away. As soon as the first firework was set off, he turned and got down on one knee and reached in his pocket and pulled out a ring box and said, "And with that Steph, I want to know, wiil you marry me?"
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• CONT:

My mom and sister both had cameras and were snapping pictures through the whole thing, so I have photos of him proposing! Turns out, he had the ring in the box, and he was going to have me open the box and propose, but he wanted to see the deomnstration things, so he took it out so he wouldn't have to leave it! That was in 2003, after we had been together for almost 3 years and our daughter was 2 at the time! We got together in Sep of 2000, and she was born in December of 2001.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Awww! Congratulations! That's so sweet! :)
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008