Pres. Obama reports Arizone to the U.N.

Has anyone heard about this? The President reported Arizona to the U.N. for human rights violations because of the immigration law. Whether or not you object to the law, can we agree that this is an internal issue? His actions place the U.S. under international scrutiny. As far as I'm concerned, this is an affront to our sovereignty.

Link: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/71977

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 8:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've posted this several times. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reported AZ to the UN Human Rights Council. How dare her? We pay the bulk of the bills for the UN and then she uses AZ as an example of human rights violations in our country!!!!! Who does she represent? Not us. She should have asked for UN troops to patrol our border then so AZ won't have to enact legislation mirroring the federal law to take care of its citizens.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41581.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/30/state-department-stands-decision-include-arizona-human-rights-report/

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• it does not in any way violate human rights. all i have to say i do agree with the immigration law and i hope it does not change. come here legally or go home
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• 1000% agree w/ lambdarose.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 8:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• In a word....ridiculous! Or in several words...anything for a vote!! *sigh*
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Obama's job is to protect his people not protect others who break the laws.

This shows what kind of men he is! He is not a good President!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• sweet, I knew you would support her no matter what she does. You stay the party line. She doesn't represent me. If she did, she would never had taken one of my states to the UN and held up as an "example" of how bad things are in my country. I don't want my country in the UN anyway. Get us out of the UN and the UN out of my country. But, this wasn't the "right thing" to go against the citizens of a state in the country she is the Sec. of State of. Her loyalties don't lie with the people, but with an ideology which is why she, like you, is an ideologue.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Also isn't it against the law not to enforce the federal law??

so Obama is breaking the law?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What's Arizone? j/k

It is a domestic issue. The U.N. imo is ridiculous to begin with. The League of Nations started out with good intentions, but so do most things that fail.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We're already under international scrutiny...it's been that way since the GW Bush era.

I believe Prez Obama is doing the right thing. What Arizona is doing is a human rights' violation. The law would not just target "illegal immigrants". It would focus on everyone who looks hispanic. It's racial profiling.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We are woking on it. Vote Republican in November!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2010