If you work in a medical field, are the health benefits good?

Are they good and do they kick in immediately? Wouldn't it make sense to since you'll be working around sick people almost all of the time? I'm going to school for my cna so I was just wondering.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Depends on where you work. Some places offer part time with benefits and some places offer benefits when you are full time, and of course some places don't offer you anything. Definitely look around once you are certified.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Like any other job it depends on your employer. I've worked places that benefits were great and kicked in 30 days after hire...and I've worked for places that had crappy benefits that cost way too much and you aren't eligible until 6 months AFTER your 90 probation.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That will depend on your employer. If you plan on working for a hospital, as opposed to a private doctor's office, you can probably find out about the benefits on their website when you apply for a job.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010