I am going to Attempt to make my DD 3rd b-day cakes.. The party isn't until tomorrow 7\3 @ 6:30 would the cakes still be good if I make them today?

I just don't want the icing or cake to get hard.. when should i do it.. I hate to wait cuz if I mess it up I wanna have time to try again:o)

emturner

Asked by emturner at 2:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you can, refridgerate them, they will stay super fresh. If you don't have the fridge room just make sure they are well covered.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• You should be able to make it today and still have it look nice tomorrow. Especially if you have something to store the cake in (that's covered). If you're concerned, just make them up early in the morning. That way, if they don't turn out very good - you can always have a do over in the afternoon! :)
    FishBiscuit

Answer by FishBiscuit at 2:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• yes. if they are in paper cups and iced, they will stay just fine. even if you don't ice them today, they will be a-ok!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 3:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I make the cake the night before and ice in the morning.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2008