breastmilk???

I only breastfed my son for 2 weeks because he tore me up and i could not take the pain anymore. i would start shaking evertime i had to feed him.. now he is on formula.. i was wondering if it was possible to produce milk again even though im dryed up?

cheermickey

Asked by cheermickey at 10:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how long has it been since you stoped breast feeding? i went almost 3 days without pumping and then started pumping again... and i was scared that i would dry up if i stoped again so i didnt stop again till he was about 1 1/2 months..
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 10:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think you have to wait till you have another baby, but there maybe some hormone shots that can help. Ask your doctor. If it was so painful, why do you want to give it another try? Hpw long has iot been since you quit nursing him?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• about 2 months ago.. lol..
    cheermickey

Answer by cheermickey at 10:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son was 6 weeks early and spent a few weeks in the NICU. I pumped while he was in the hospital but when he was released i started to dry up. My doctor told me that there were some natural rememdies to take to help the milk flow again but I don't remember what they are...you should call and ask your doctor.
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 10:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i was just wondering...
    cheermickey

Answer by cheermickey at 10:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my first two weeks i stopped breastfeeding too it hurt so bad i couldnt stand it. but im glad i kept at it cause it stopped hurting a week after that. but this past week ive been sick and unable to feed my son so i went a whole week and a half without breastfeeding him and all my milk went away. but i put him back on the boob two days ago and its back again
    vpepin103189

Answer by vpepin103189 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• if u get him to start sucking on it it should come back by itself
    vpepin103189

Answer by vpepin103189 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Absolutely, women who have never had babies (adoption) can breastfeed. Start talking to a lactation consultant, and if baby will still take the breast have him latch on. There are supplements available that increase milk production.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 10:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Yep heres a site that will help, its only too late if you have your breasts removed..
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I go to Le Leche League meetings every week & I asked them. They said it depends on how old your baby is but YES ! you CAN get your milk back. Your best bet would be to go to their website llli.org they can answer any questions you could possibly have! Also try seeing a lactation cunsultant! Good Luck!
    Rustysmoma

Answer by Rustysmoma at 1:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2008