How can stress effect and Mom in pregnancy?

In early pregnancy, what can stress do that is harmful? I'm wondering b/c I'm super super stresse out and everyone around me is making it worse. I just want to scream most of the time... :o( I dont know what to do.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How can stress affect baby and mom in pregnancy ****
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• As intense as stress can feel it's perfectly normal. Hormones can intensify stress too. I just never believed that you have a miscarriage from stress. Plenty of people have been loaded with unbelievable amounts of stress and still carried to term. It does however elavate blood pressure and increase heart rate, but so does sex :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i get stressed so much lately! it raises blood pressure which is terrible for babies.... just try to relax. i gt mani/pedi every other week and it helps calm me down lol
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Too much stress can cause pre-term delivery as well. It's so weird how much stress does to our bodies!
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Stress can be really bad for a mom in pregnancy.... not good at all.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010