How do you break up with a friend you no longer want to be friends with?

I have a friend who i don't care to talk to anymore. For a very long time i have disagreed with almost everything she says and does. more and more she is just not a person i want to be friends with. She is an ok mother, but she herself says she is lazy..she says i put up the gate, pop ina movie and throw them some poptarts. And she means it.Her oldest is 3, youngest 2. The older one has problems, i and several other friends think he is autistic, but she is in denial. i could go on, but in general she is just a lazy, unhappy person. But, i don't want to be harsh, i just don't want to talk to her anymore. She is a liar and we all know it. It is just very hard to talk to someone when you know they are lying and embellishing everything.

jennypenny3000

Asked by jennypenny3000 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I went through the exact same thing and I just cut her off. I stopped answering her calls and emails. She has a horrible attitude and never grew up from when we were young. I found out while I was pregnant she was running her mouth about me and I decided right then and there, I no longer needed her or her drama in my life! She was competitive when it wasn't necessary, just a plain nuisance. It depends on how you want to proceed with it, do you want to part on good terms then just tell her, you think you and she need to go your separate ways. If you don't care what she feels afterwards, just cut her off.
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 10:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think you should tell her that she's starving her kids and she brought the kids into this world, she needs to relize how she's taking care of them. You should call children services on her, I don't know what state ur from, but here in ohio that is what it is. They get called for either, neglect, abuse, and other shit. I have some friends I just don;t wanna hang with anymore. None of my friends are lazy but I have my reasons, and plus I want new friends and have a husband and 2 kids.
    Anonymous

• Tell her what you said here. That you feel you don't connect anymore, and your parenting philosophies are far too different for you to ever connect again. Tell her that you want to limit contact with her because you feel uncomfortable in the relationship now.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 10:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• listen to catwalksymphony. She says it well.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Talk to her, the least you can do is be honest with her and tell her why you don't want to be friends. Tell her that you're teling her of this because you owe it to the friendship you used to have, but you've grown apart and are taking different paths in life.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I would talk to her and tell her why you dont want to be her friend no more .its always better to tell her why and not just tell her you dont want to be her friend no more maybe when you tell her what tou think about her she will realize that she has to grow up and stop acting the way she is !
    jenbenrey

Answer by jenbenrey at 8:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2008