how can I get my 1 year old to stop nursing, especially all night long and sleeping with me

my 1 year will take naps in his own crib and go down in his crib at night but wants to wake up and nurse and then sleep with me, otherwise the whole "crying it out thing", he will cry for an hour and a half and wake everyone else up. If he was my only child I would just let him cry but he wakes up our 2 year old and then we are all awake. He is very stubborn according to my doc. Please, I'm tired and tired of it! We tried formula several times, doesn't like it, also tried whole milk since he is almost a year, doesn't like it, won't drink anything but mom's stuff!

wammajammamama

Asked by wammajammamama at 10:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what i would do is slowly take him of.. try only giving it to him in the mornings and then eventually not at all.. him sleeping in his on bed will be hard but you will just have to be strong and let him cry if he crys in just a couple of days he will be fine.. if you get cmt watch nanny 911 its an awsome show..
    cheermickey

Answer by cheermickey at 10:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Aw mama, he's still really little. He probably just needs the extra boost of mama's milk in the night.

What I'd do about the night wakings if you absolutely need the sleep, is let daddy handle the night wakings. Let him rock/walk/sing/bounce the little one back to sleep. If the boob is available he will want it. Don't make it available to him. It may be rough for a while, but remember that cuddling a little one while he cries is NOT letting them cry it out. It's just not giving him exactly what he wants. Have daddy take him outside for a walk in a sling around the house or something if the crying wakes up everyone.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 10:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008