My 2 year old son keeps on..... adult content

My 2 yr old acts really girly..he gets happy seeing dolls on t.v and was trying to cheer with the cheerleaders at the football game....and carrys purses around at the house....idk if its because he always around my 3 younger sisters i mean ALL the time he loved going to his grandma and aunts house...but he acts girly at times and now he keeps playing with his penis all the time..he hides and pulls it out and plays with it and is starting to play with his anal while using the potty ewww i know...should i be concernd or is this just a phase he will pass through eventually???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Its a phase

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Other than playing with his bottom, it sounds pretty typical for a toddler.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 8:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• don't worry this too shall pass
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree, a phase. HE is to he doesn't get around many boys, then he wont know how to act like one, He is just copying what he sees.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My son used to walk around in his sister's play high heels until he had blisters. He is now 6 and has 3 girlfriends. He is all boy now. As for the playing with his thing, he has it so he wil twiddle it. You have to tell him that is something he should do in private and alone. Don't let him be that guy who touches it all the time. I hate that! As for the touching his butt thing, I've got nothing.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My son used to wear my hells, put on my make-up, and he wanted his nails paited when I painted mine. No biggy. It was a phase. When he found his penis. It was like a ne toy.lol! That lasted all of a few weeks though.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My son is 20 months and he touches his butt sometimes too, when I am changing him. It's totally normal for them to explore their bodies. I wouldn't worry about any of this. And the more you freak out about these things, the more confused he will get - he is 2. He doesn't understand gender roles yet. He is just doing things he sees others do, or does things because they are fun to him. Please don't give him a gay complex, I guess is what I am trying to say. I see parents overreact to little kids acting like the opposite gender and it just makes me so sad.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My DS LOVES Girl EVERYTHING! From pretty shoes to dolls etc. He is obcessed with girls/woman wearing dresses and bows in their hair. He hopes when he sees his girlfriends that they will be wearing these. He even hopes he has a sister that wears a dress and bows. Dora and Cinderella were both thoughts of s Halloween costume. I worry sometimes too but from what I keep hearing this is totally normal. Girls' clothing etc is soo much more eye pleasing and exciting than boys. Think about all the bright colors and the shiny glitter that comes with all gir; items. I think he is just in touch with his femne side and that will help him later when dealing with girlfriends..lol. This said if this is a sign of his sexual orientation who freakin cares...they are amazing creatures that will offer this world incredible things...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Coolchic, you rock.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it sounds fine. Kids like to imitate, and if he's been around mostly women, he will imitate women. That doesn't mean he will be gay or girly later. And once they start discovering that this body is all theirs, they want to understand it. Would you think anything weird if he started playing with his belly button or feet?
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010