Is it considered cheating?

is it considered cheating if you and your man broke it off for a week and one of you slept wit someone else on that break. and do you think you should tell them if you did???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• No its not cheating nor is it his business. The truth will only be hurting him to make yourself feel better
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• well, as we learned with Ross and Rachel on Friends, the one who cheated, thinks that since you were "on a break", so it's no big deal, while the other thinks it's cheating and gets really pissed off. although, the one that cheated doesnt' want to think about what if it were vise versa, because then they would have to admit it was cheating. in other words, yes, it's cheating, especially if you're married.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Yes it's cheating but no it's not .... I know that makes no sense but you're both going to have different points of views and the circumstances can change that answer. I wouldn't tell the other party because it's just going to cause unnecessary pain and hurt. Chances are that even if you're back together it's not perfect and something like this can mean the true end of a relationship. While I don't condone lying I do believe that in some cases ignorance is bliss. So don't lie about it if asked but don't go out of your way to just blurt out "hey I cheated
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• not cheating. don't tell.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I wouldn't tell them. 1. If you want it to work out with them, don't tell them. 2. they will probably get upset and break up with you again.
    Anonymous

• if you both were under the impression that you were going to get back together just needed some time away then i would consider it cheating, if your married then definatly yes. depends on your arraingements before you took a break. di u officially break up or did u say it was ok to see other people? if not then it sounds like it was a bad choice. if you think hes going to find out then best to tell now, if your married tell the truth
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• If he thinks so, then yes.

I, personally, would consider that cheating.
    Anonymous

• if anyone of u knows that it is temprory then it is cheating !
    fire

Answer by fire at 12:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2008