just wondering

if so many say obama is NOT black then why do people say he will be our first african merican president? wouldnt that make him a black man ? im just wondering kinda been buggin me lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• hes mixed.... ive heard hes only 8% black... how someone can know what percent black someone else is idk but ive heard it from more then one person... and no that would make him our first mixed president..
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 10:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• That was my Q too. He is mixed not one particular race and I cant see why they dont acknowledge that. He is proud to be both and kinda wonder why he hasnt addressed that. He seems like the kind of man that would.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• ok i was just wondering cause people say that is is gonna be and even advertisments say it i was just liek wait a min, lol y aknow
    Anonymous

• His mom was white... from America.. his dad was a black african from kenya.. which is not 8% plus if my math is right that's 50% white and 50% black african.
    Anonymous

• The report is that his father may have been from Kenya, but wasn't 100% Black African. He's part Arab. Just like there are blacks and whites etc. that are born and raised in Mexico. Not everyone in Mexico is Hispanic.
    Anonymous

• The Obama family is from the Luo tribe of Kenya: The Luo (also called Jaluo and Joluo) are an ethnic group in Kenya, eastern Uganda, and northern Tanzania. They are part of a larger group of ethnolinguistically related Luo peoples who inhabit an area including southern Sudan, northern and eastern Uganda, western Kenya, and northern Tanzania.
    Nope nothing arab in there.
    Anonymous

• im sorry i didnt ask what he was i just said why do people say that when it sis well contridicting of it self? (SP?)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• He's biracial. White+Black=Black to the majority of Americans.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 12:15 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I agree with sgalsmommy, in america if your DAD is black you are black. It doesn't matter if his dad is mixed with 26 diff. races if he is dark like a black man his dominate race is black, so americans consider Obama BLACK = Black Father. But other races such as Kenya, Africans, Nigerians,etc. Do not consider themselves BLACK and do not like to be included in the masses of Black Americans. It's really confusing but everyone wants to be represented I guess. Sometimes I wished we could select "American" for race for those born in america....lol
    novice2008

Answer by novice2008 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My BFF was told that the race of a person is dependent on the father. Her son is half and when filling out paperwork she asked what box to check since he is half Hispanic and half AA. I guess that would be the reason people are saying he is going to be the first black president. That is just my guess.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2008