i took a couple preg tests over the wk. end i had a couple positive and a couple negativei was always told u cant get a positive without being pregnant but then i started bleeding last nigth went to the docs this morning and they said im not pregnant im so cofused how does this happen

kaszilynn88

Asked by kaszilynn88 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Depends if you was drinking say alot of pop or like coffee. My friend is almost 5mths and she went to the health dept and took a preg test and was negative and she then said well I did have some mountain dew, which she normally doesn;t drink. She then had some water like half a bottle, and took another one and it was positive. Are you stressed or picking lots of heavy things up?? Maybe your not sitting enough, Are you bleeding alot or maybe how many weeks would u be and when was ur last period?
    Anonymous

• i had my last period on sept 17th and my bleeding is just like a normal period no heavy bleeding or cramping and one of my home preg tests that came back positive was in the morning and i had not dranken anything so i dont know but the doc did a blood test and theres was neg.
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• this happend to me and at the end of it all what it boiled down too was my hormone levels were extremely out of wack and i had what they call a bylighted ovum! good luck
    brice08

Answer by brice08 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Chemical pregnancy can cause this. Did you test early? If so you caught the pregnancy when it was trying, but didn't stick. I had this happen to me 3 years ago. I got two positive then a negative and bam my peroid showed up a few hours later. I didn't have any idea why it happened that way until I started seeing a RE (reproductive endocronglogist) and he told me that was the name for it.
    Anonymous

• ok well you can still get a positive and not be pregnanet and the other way around . You should always read you test to see the percentage of it being wrong. Some women can't tell by a store bought test only the doctor. Also it just might be to early even for them. So give it awhile.
    crazy_132505

Answer by crazy_132505 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Doctors can get false negatives too. I have a friend who got negative results through her entire pregnancy and she was definately pregnant!! Its very rare to have false positive unless your hormones are screwy. Like from a miscarriage. I'd get anoter test done at the dr if I were you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It sounds like a chemical pregnancy. That sounds like the most reasonable cause to me.
    stars_silly

Answer by stars_silly at 2:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2008