Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son has high fever? Please help me out here

my son is 18 yrs old and has a fever that has gone up to 101.2 , what should i do if it gets up to 102 and when sould i go to the emergency room?? also he will not take any medicine..What do i do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (7)
  • call the hospital and ask to speak to the ER nurse. Ask the experts. Don't waste time asking here.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • He needs to take something for it, if not than the fever might continue to go up and if it reaches 104+ there is a possibility of brain damage.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • Take him to the hospital immediately. If he is in college he could of contracted a communicable disease. Meningitis is very common in college kids. I got Scarlet Fever a few years ago when I was living in a dorm. Go now.

    Answer by OOHPFG at 2:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • I don't think the temp is that high. Does he have any other symptoms to go along with it. My son and my self really are not medicine takers either unless the fever gets to 103. or over then I wouldn't worry. Keep him warm. Give him some OJ and a cool cloth for his head to help bring the fever down. If he starts to get the flu he'll feel so horrible that he'll beg you for something. SO just stay close and keep an eye on him. He's a adult and all you can do is be there when he asks for you. HUGS.

    Answer by nightowlmama4 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

  • it's a fever it can turn worse, call the doctor and see what they suggest,,,,,if it continues take him to the er, my nephew was constantly having fevers with no other symptoms,we tok him to the emergency and found out he has seizures..but so far so good doing better,, good luck,,

    Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 12:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

  • wth he's 18 & your asking us? has he never had a fever b4? you know what to do.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

  • I am a retired surgical technologist.Will he eat anything?If he will put the fever reducing medication in his food.If his fever continues to rise to 103. or 104. that is when he needs to go to the E.R.

    Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 6:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.