does anyone know how to get the babies belly to stop sticking out....shes 3months

her belly is really out...dr told me if it doesnt go in she has to see a specialist

starz16

Asked by starz16 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not really understanding the question. What do you mean "sticking out"? Are you saying that her belly is really round and protrudes? Does she seem to be in pain?
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 10:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My kids all had that funny "frog belly" as babies. It would be worse if they were gassy... if your doctor has told you she might have to see a specialist - did he say why? What would the concern be? Babies are naturally shaped like Buddha. :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You can't make it do anything. Most babies have round tummies that stick out. As their bodies get longer, there is more room in there for all the organs and it doesn't stick out as much. If your baby's tummy doesn't "go down" on it's own, follow your doctor's advice and see a specialist.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Is your DR concern that your baby has an umbilical hernia?? (That seems to cause the belly to stick out). If that's the case it may heal on it own, but sometimes there is nothing that can be done but surgery.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/Hernia_Umbilical/hic_Umbilical_Hernia_Treatment_for_Children.aspx

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i think your talking about her belly button. thats usually a umbilical hernia my niece was born with it and they said if it doesn't go away on its own by the time she turns 3 they'll do surgery to remove it.
    Jolenemom2

Answer by Jolenemom2 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2008