Daddy?...

So i have a 2 year old daughter and a 4 month old daughter and since my 4 month old was 7 weeks ive been seperated from their biological father.. me and him used to split up on and off all the time since i was pregnant with my first.. well now im with my absolute first love who i have known since i was 4 years old.. He saved me from my horrible relationship. My daughters biological father is no longer in their lives so my 2 year old calls the new guy "daddy".. But she also butts heads with him horribly! Hes not allowed to touch me or kiss me or anything with her in the room! She is so mean to him and i dont understand why.. and its only when im around.. any one else go through this?

gracie43008

Asked by gracie43008 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it tough.... maybe ask her why she acts like this... she may feel like this 'daddy' might leave like the other one. its hard for her just as much as it is for you
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my dd does the same thing. and it's her bio dad. she will come over and try to pull him off me and scream at him. i try to include her in hugs and stuff but she is still jealous.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it's a normal phase. My son doesn't get upset when DH and I kiss or hug, but he runs right over to make sure that HE gets kisses and hugs from us too. He really does not want to be left out! I think they are just starting to understand affection at this age and they do funny things while they are getting their heads around the whole concept.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my daughter does this with my father. which is really the only male that has been in her life on a consistent basis. she would not let me or my mother touch my father's hand. she would whine and pull the hand off and sit on his lap and cuddle with him. its pretty funny. i think its called the electra complex. i forgot from my psychology class. if you are into all that but some people do not. i forgot what the boys version was.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• WTF? "Hes not allowed to touch me or kiss me or anything with her in the room!"

Yeash, You need some mental help. You've definitely got issues!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• lol how do i need mental help for that? Im saying she flips if he comes over to hold my hand or give me a hug and who the hell are you to talk to me like that you dont like the question dont answer it and you answer anan. wow get some balls and say it for real.. hmm
    gracie43008

Comment by gracie43008 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• O my...she's just being a two year-old. My two year-old does this with his own father. If I am hugging or kissing my husband he throws a fit and says NO MINE etc. It's all about a two year-old who is Mommy fixated. Maybe you should let them spend some time together where she can't see nor hear you. It's not that she doesn't like him, it's that she's attached to you.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• ok thank you maybe thats it lol
    gracie43008

Comment by gracie43008 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010