What's it like to live in a "red state"? I am a democrat thinking of moving from NY (a blue state) to Missouri (a red state)...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe it would depend on the area of the state you live in. Example, the area I live in (in Louisiana) is very republican. New Orleans is very democrat. I would just not discuss politics unless you're looking for some very active conversation. LOL
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Well, based on the 2008 presidential election results, there are 9 BLUE counties in MO! Maybe you can select a red county that borders a blue county and have your cake and eat it too?! LOL :o) http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/mo.htm

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Unless you are running for state office you probably won't see a huge difference. Unless you move with a chip on your shoulder.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm color blind lol so i do not know ..Red state blue state it does not matter to me i have travled to 37 states and 5 countries i love them all..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• lonely. lol. I am a democrat living in Montana. I just dont bring up politics and try to stay out of such conversations because I am always the odd one out. I find myself biting my tongue quite frequently.....makes me miss Seattle. Really though, politics has become such a taboo subject, it is not very often that I encounter those types of situations.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 8:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• it won't matter, i'm from mo and the best thing to do is to not talk politics to those close to you, everyone has different ideas
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i think its just that you have different kinds of people and social norms.... it doesnt matter too much though
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If you are proud to be a Democrat than it should not matter where you go.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• May I ask why you would consider moving there, if you're concerned about politics?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Can you tell, just by moving?

I just wouldn't talk politics with the neighbors if you want to picnic with them. If you don't like them then go ahead have at it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2010