can i have this?

can i have fish sticks while pregnant? lol thats probably a stupid question but im craveing fish sticks and was wondering if it would be ok. im 30 wks

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 8:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ya they are fine
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• its fake anyways so i dont think you have to worry about mercury lol
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Cook them well and yeah go for it. I wouldn't eat them raw. Not saying you would, but I know how cravings can be.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Fish is ok, in moderation. 2-3 servings a week. (12 oz total) of any fish except shark, swordfish, tilefish and mackerel. And, of course, it needs to be cooked. Fish sticks (I'm guessing that's what you mean) are made from cod and that is perfectly fine. The concern with the other fish you should not eat is mercury levels which can cause damage to the developing baby's nervous system. In large, predator-type fish the mercury tends to build up to higher levels because they eat other fish and they live longer.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would think so, I had them..and all 3 of my kids are fine :)
    MrsTantaros

Answer by MrsTantaros at 9:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• you can get the all natural fish sticks van der kamp or however you spell it its 100 percent not menced so they are good for you w omegas all except the deep fry you know lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Go for it! I ate at least one shrimp basket for at least half of my pregnancy. OMG they were good!! Once the baby was born, I went back to absolutly hating them!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Absolutely.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010