How would you discipline your kids?

If you are not sure of what happened and they are both telling you a different story? Would both get into trouble, or would you choose who you thought was telling the truth, and the other be in trouble?

sheloveearth

Asked by sheloveearth at 9:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not punish until you find out the truth. When you find out who lied, they are really in for it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They would both get in trouble in that case...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think they would both get in trouble if the matter was an important one, and just a firm warning if it was unimportant.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yeah..and when I found out the truth...the liar would get major trouble and the truth teller would get a treat.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree with mygirlpaige.
    evie-1006

Answer by evie-1006 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would tell them they are BOTH getting punished, unless they tell the truth. Leave the room for 10 minutes and let the boys "talk it out". It will put pressure on the boys to tell the truth. After the truth is revealed, talk to the one who lied and reiterate to him that lying in unacceptable-that it's always best to tell the truth.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They both get punished until one can come clean with the right story. If it was something that involved them both and neither one can tell me the truth then they both get punished. I don't choose sides if I don't know the full story, and if they can't give me the full story then they're both responsible.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• they would both get in trouble.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010