How can a child get pooping in the potty down packed but peeing is his weak point??

JV1981

Asked by JV1981 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am having the opposite problem with my nephew. He pees fine but, poops in his clothes. My children potty trained easily and I don't know what to do with him. With peeing try to put the child on the potty every 30 minutes or so to get him/her to go in the potty. When they go in the potty try an hour later to see if he/she goes in the potty.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We are in the same boat! He will poop every single time on the toilet. Pee....not so much at all!! We are starting to have random days of dryness but if we go undies, he pees in his pants. Ugh. But on the bright side, it is much easier to clean up a potty accident than a #2! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Huh. All I can think of is pooing is something you really have to STOP to do. Most kids will hold pee till they practically explode, and then by the time they realize they have to go, it's to late for them to hold it any longer.

GL!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My son did the same thing. He never pooped his pants or wet his bed either. But he would pee his pants as sure as anything. It drove me crazy. He did not want to take the time to go to the bathroom and he would fib about his pants being wet too. So when I saw that he had wet pants I would make him stand in the living room (I would not allow him to sit on my furniture) and I would not let him play with his toys. I would make him leave the wet pants on for five minutes. I would then have him take a bath and put clean clothes on but standing there and wearing them with nothing else to do would make him not like it and he quit doing it. May not work for you, if he is not doing it because he does not want to stop what he is doing. Good luck, I hope you figure it out!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• just havent found a balance yet...keep workin on it
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2010