Does age matter when you are in love??

well am 20 and ma man is 18... we have been together 8 months but have been friends for 4 yrs now.. i have a 2yr old daughter that he has helped me rise..
many ppl say cuz his young and still in high school that he is not going to cheat on me and that he loves me to death.. wat should i do????

hz_babymama

Asked by hz_babymama at 10:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• It's up to you on what to do no one can tell you that. But no I think in your case age doesn't matter. There isn't a huge age gap between the two of you and he seems to have stepped up to help care for your child which says a lot.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• That's not a big agr difference, besides it's how he treats you and if yo're happy anyway.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 10:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• do what your heart tells you! that isnt a big difference and honestly age cant measure a person. maturity and experience are what really matters. dont let anyone tell you what to do. he sounds like a stand up guy since hes been helping you with your baby and everything. thats great! i would say do whats best for you guys and dont worry about what anyone else thinks! everyone is different, just because someone else had a bad experience it doesnt mean the same thing will happen to you!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• nope it doesnt matter now that hes 18 now if he were 17 then u should of worried about it then cause u can go to jail for having sex with a minor! but other than that since hes 18 already than feel free to rape him all u want lol;] i remember back then women would marry men that were 10 yrs older than them or even older look at anna nicole smith.
    Anonymous

• it matters to me but it doesn't have to matter for you. as long as youre happy. and not saying this is the case but from my own experience the younger they are the more likely they are to cheat. men need time to be young and "explore" lol. but i don't know your man so i can't say that about him!
    Anonymous

• at your age, and with only 2 years difference, it doesn't matter. if it were flipped, and he were the older guy, his friends would be like 'sweet! an 18 yo!'..no big deal, as long as he's good to you and your child, is respectable, dependable, and isn't mooching off you, keep it going!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• what age difference? there really doesnt seem to be any unless your 40 and fhe is 25 then there is a age differecne but 2 years nothing.
    MamaDebbie209

Answer by MamaDebbie209 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• from experienc my son is 19 w/a 35 yr old. i only see them fighting for almost a yr now. these boys only want 1 thing. A mother figure. someone to take care of them. if you cant see them a mile coming them your in trouble. age does matter. stick with your own age. makes sense. less hassle. boys are young ,nieve, immature. theyre still growing inside and out. Women if your looking for a young one...word of advice....your not a young spring chicken anymore. get over it!! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I was 17 and he was 18 when we got together and its been 15 years just make sure you both are ready and want the same thing other wise you can just be having fun for the time be
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• To hell with what they say! You're both over 18. When I was 24 I fell for an 18--yes, 18 year old, and he loved/loves me more than anyone else ever has and we're still as close as can be, three years later. Screw age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2008