Cradle Cap (sp?)

I just realized that my son who is 21 months old has a small patch of cradle cap on his scalp, or atleast thats what I think it is. Is there any way to get rid of it? He never had it when he was a baby so I know nothing about it really.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used selson blue. I know I probably shouldn't have,but I did. The doctor ways leave it alone. I thought it was gross. I used dandroff shampoo once in a while and it wasn't a problem anymore.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• you can put olive oil on his head and leave it in for a few minutes, then comb it out, then wash his hair a few times.
    heidi_val

Answer by heidi_val at 9:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Olive oil, baby oil etc can be put on it and then combed out with a fine toothdr comb. It may take a while. It can also be a sign of psoriasis so if you see any other symptoms of psoriasis on his body then you may want to talk with the doctor about it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• oh i just talked to my 2 month old daughters pedi about this yesterday and he actually did say to use dandruff shampoo cause baby shampoo is too mild. and it does work and it is safe to use on a baby, hell i use it on a 2 month old
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010