Do you burp your baby during/after a dream feed?

I want to start dream feeding my son - do I burp him? I'd be afraid to lay him back down without a burp - but most things I've read said "not to worry about the burp" - what do other people do? Any advice? Thanks!

JacksMom0808

Asked by JacksMom0808 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what is dream feeding?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I assume you mean a feed in the middle of the night when he falls asleep while eating. To that my answer is no I do not burp my girl, she usually burps as soon as she gets up.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 11:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i'm assuming the same thing as myboogiewoogie...and i do the same thing, i just let her sleep. no use in waking her up and the chance of her not going back to sleep...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• what the hell is dream feeding????
    JessTorres

Answer by JessTorres at 8:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Dream feeding! I learned that amazing trick from the book, The Baby Whisperer. I usually will pat/rub her back for about 30 seconds after the dream feed... the only time she actually burps is when she had woken up during the feeding but other than that, she doesn't burp and there has been no problems, she's 7 1/2 months old so it's been many months! Good luck the dream feed is our life saver and now I'm scared to try to ween her off of it!
    fisherd

Answer by fisherd at 11:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2008