Kate plus 8

What do you think of this mom??

I know some are going to say "it's not my place to judge" but since theirs family life is a reality show, they invote people to watch and form opinions.

mygirlpaige

Asked by mygirlpaige at 9:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Seems like she let the fame & fortune go to her head. She did dancing with the stars which you can't tell me was for her kids sake, it was for her. Even just the way she dresses now and flaunts around in a bikini and heels when she's with her 8 young children. You can't tell me that type of wardrobe is good for play time. She seems like she's all about herself. I feel sorry for her kids since they have become child stars and had no say in the matter. I worry about how they will turn out down the road. Money isn't everything and certainly can't buy their happiness. They need their Mom more than they need a million dollar house and trips to the beach with nannies.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Of course she invites judgement!! She chose having people watching her raise her kids.

Anyway, IMO she's not a very good mom. But that's just me, I wouldn't treat my kids the way she does sometimes.
    evie-1006

Answer by evie-1006 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't like her. I think she exploits her children, but what do I know? All I see are the things she does on television and the interviews she does. It always seems to me she wants people to feel sorry for her, as she jets around with book deals, television appearances, etc..
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 9:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That is one screwed up family. I feel for the kids. Maybe we don't see EVERYTHING. BUt she seems to neglect her kids. I only have two and I don't have time for tanning and personal trainers and dancing with the stars. I have barely finished my first novel let alone write two or three... just saying.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 9:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• she used her kids to get what she wanted. nasty girl
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Um, I really don't know. Her personality is a little anal. I don't think I could be friends with her, but as far as my opinion on her exploiting her kids etc. I dunno. She allows the family to have a show and because she does that, they get to live in a big house and have a comfortable life. I think it's great that the family is not struggling financially. Having 10 kids, it helps to have money. It would be hard to turn down the income if I were in her position.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010