Any ideas on a color for a dinning room with wood trim and a wooden table set?

toodles0420

Asked by toodles0420 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a burnt orange color, but I think yelllow would be nice.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That depends on if you want a theme or not...you could do a solid dark green and tan color and that would look good.....But for the most part it depends on how much detail you are willing to put into it and if you want a theme to it or not.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I was thinking the same but depends on how much light u get in there. If it's a lot, then tone it down to a darker color. How about u choose an accent piece to inspire u!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I love peacock blue and I think it would be great in a spacious dining room with dark wood.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 9:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I prefer a white and accenting with pictures, etc. It just seems to make a room look brighter and doesn't clash with anything. I have painted so many different colors through the years and no matter what you try, you can always change it if you want to. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• on sites like valspar.com and other paint brand websites you can 'virtual paint'....its kinda neat....you can choose a room similar to yours and then 'paint' it to give you ideas........................in mine i have a wood floor and wood table and chairs and the walls are a burnt orange/maroon...its kind of dark but thats ok for a dining room
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What shade of wood? Light, Medium, or Dark.

I personally like dark wood and plan on having a dark wood dining table with dark red accents, like place mats, in my dining room with neutral colored walls.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have a dark brownish cherry formal dining room set and I painted my walls a pale yellow, just dark enough to make the white moulding "pop." I chose embroidered, antique gold, silk panels to coordinate with the floral tapestry pattern on the upholstered seats.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010