I can't marry the father. Can we still keep the baby?

CassyM

Asked by CassyM at 11:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Wow, those were some jerky replies. Original poster, I apologize for them. Some people have no manners and cannot possibly empathize with another human being. I was once in your position, and was raised very naively and at age 25 I was asking myself the same question. My parents brainwashed me into thinking that I couldn't keep my baby because the baby's father was a different race and worse off financially than we were. Do you want to know the worst part? I listened to them, and lost my darling daughter to adoption. It is the worst pain you could ever imagine.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 12:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Absolutely you can.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 11:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• why cant you ? there shoudl be no reason you couldnt
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• why cant you marry the father?...and it doesnt matter wether youre married or not, no one can stop you from keeping your baby for Any reason
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• amandaut - that was RUDE!

I wasn't married when I had my baby and I still kept her. So YES, you can and you aren't a Moron.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You should go to baby-gaga.com and ask them they are really great at getting you the right answer
    Crnkeene

Answer by Crnkeene at 11:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Amandaut: Wow, someone is looking for help and you come in and call her a moron and suggest that she shouldn't be allowed to keep her child? Get over yourself. She's single, pregnant and scared, don't be a terrible person. Remember the if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all rule?

OP: I was a single mom and the father was an ass, feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Is there a reason you are afraid you can't keep the baby? Are you under 18? Well regardless the answer is yes. No matter what yuo can keep your baby.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• continued:

You ABSOLUTELY can and should keep your child. You can co-parent and not be married or together. That way, the child gets mommy and daddy. Please don't make the same mistake I did. I don't even speak to my parents now. Love your baby--just because you might have made a mistake by choosing that guy doesn't mean you have to make another one by losing the child that was specially chosen for you, his or her mother. PM me if you need any advice : )
    orangeorbie

• where does it say her brother is the father? I dont see that anywhere. If this is true there are probably legal problems here. that would be incestous. Regardless, why wouldtn you be able to keep you baby though? Nobody is going to take it from you unless you are on drugs or abuse it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2008