I have an ultrasound in the a.m. to determine if my baby will be born with extra toes.

They were able to find extra fingers on the last ultrasound butthey couldn't see her feet. Either way its ok, the extra digits run in me & SO family. Does any special genetic thing run in your family that people don't normally see?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wow..really??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• well good luck I knew a girl with just an extra toe on one foot...its not a bad thing :)
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have bunions, that are genetic, due to bones being flip flopped in our feet. Runs in my dad's side, his mom, him, some of his siblings, some of her siblings.....had bunions since birth. And have had surgery on them and I still can't wear cute sexy shoes LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My thumbs are like a big toe and short. It is almost impossible to find a bowling ball that I can use when we go bowling. It is inherited. :-) The only other relative I know with them other than me is my uncle.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My nieces have webbed toes! They inherited it from their father.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I was born with 1 extra finger. SO was born with 2. My oldest was born with 12 fingers and 12 toes(he's the 1st in the family to have extra toes). My second child wasnt born with any.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wow, I've never heard of that. Do you keep the extra digits, or do they remove them in some way? (is it ok that I just asked that? If not, just ignore me!)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• How do you manage shoes and gloves?
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 9:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• on my DH's side they have jointed fingers. Like they can bend stuff really crazy..like a lack in joint.
    Also, they come from a NORSE (Viking) line and some of the men have a finger that has NO joint. It was due to the Norse - Vikings carrying ax's all the time. The finger is like straight. They can bed it but its lacking some weird joint in the middle..weird to explain lol
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 9:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• spine problems run in my family. missing vertabrea, curves, and spina biffida. i'd take extra digits over that anyday!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010