Extortion?

I donated to school 350 dollars to my daughter's school, now the teacher asked me to donate 5-6 cd players, that cost around 50 dollars each...she wrote it down... i feel she is almost demanding it...

simultaneously she makes sure my daughter learns as little as possible, but almost directly says if i do not pay, my daughter going to cry, like some other kids do at school...

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in

• talk to the board of education and take the letter with you.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That is pretty much unbeliveable...I thnk you need to discuss this with the head of the school. Maybe you misunderstood ?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• where in the world does your daughter go to school? I would definitely take this to the principal, then the school board, too. If she's in a public school, then you shouldn't have to pay anything like that and, if it's a private school, aren't you already paying?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh, and WHY would the school need CD players????
    gertie41

• Go over her head. Promptly.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I already spoke with the principal, he backs up the teacher and does not ready to do anything.....;-(. My daughter goes to public school in a very expensive area in suth CA. I am renting there, and school almost openly states that renters do not contribute equally and they Have to pay.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 6:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I always suspected the CA was totally crazy; this is another example!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think you should take it to the board, not the principal. That is crazy they would expect you to do that!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• WTH?
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have never heard that parent had to pay for their child to attend a PUBLIC schools. If your going to pay for your child to attend school then it should be a private school. Did they give you a reciept for your $350.00?? For all you know, you could be buying cd players for her to give out has christmas presents. I could undestand if you had to buy your child a cd player. But 5-6 cd players... who listens to cd players?? What happen to the ipods? You should go to the school board and if they can't help you. You should write your mayor and/or your congress person. The next time you talk to that crazy a** teacher, record her a**. Then take her to court for harassment and communicating threats.I hope things work out. Good Luck!!
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 11:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010