Am I the only one? Im pregnant and have a serious anxiety attack each time Im given a pelvic exam. adult content

I have severe issues with my vaginal area. Im physicaly fine but mentaly terrified about being touched down there. I had hoped I would be over it by now but now that I am 31 weeks pregnant I afraid my uncontrolable intolerance to getting examined will affect me giving birth. HELP!

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 10:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you will KNOW when you are fully dilated...i had an epi and i could still feel it, not pain, but with each contx it felt like her head was between my knees lol--it was time to push!!...so if you dont want them to check ur cervix just say so...but i am definitely on the same page with you about the anxiety attack at ever pelvic/pap ive ever had.....hate it!! i cried everytime...BUT after having my baby, not so much anymore...had my 6 wk postpartum appt and they do a full pelvic and pap then and it was a breeze!! so i hope it goes the same way for you : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• oh but dont worry u wont freak out when the baby is coming they dont like go in you to deliever the baby they just right by there but just breathe think of your child
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i dont freak but i hate them, they r creepy and weird and i have an old guy dr, hes really nice but it is just weird..eww. hope things get better. im a csection momma due to tiny hips,so i dont hafta worry bout the birth,congrats tho!!!! im 33weeks:)
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 10:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• no you'll feel different in labor my ob is very discreet w my exams she coversd me up and only looks if needed
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• omg I do too!! im not pregnant now but i freak out lol i hate being touched there by someone that im not with ya know? its EWW creepy
    butterfly3206

• Just decline those exams. They aren't necessary and you can decline to have it done. Besides..it can introduce harmful bacteria.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010