Does excessive drooling mean a tooth is on it's way shortly?

TiffanyLove18

Asked by TiffanyLove18 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Its a good sign for teething but not for sure soon. the first tooth can take a long time to finally cut through.
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• yeah it is, but sometimes it depends because my moth in law always drools and shes got all her teeth already. unless shes got rabies!
    Anonymous

• lol
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• It means one is moving. It still may be months before it shows up.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my baby is almost 3 1/2 months and is about to get teeth and she has been drooling for a while so it can happen whenever
    Jackaystout

Answer by Jackaystout at 12:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• my son has always been an excessive drooler (4-5 bibs/day, 2-3 shirts/day). He didn't get his first tooth until he was over 8 months old. All of his grandmas were sure he would have teeth by 4 months (he started to drool by then, and continues to drool excessively)- they were all waay wrong. I'd just recommend getting bibs with strong velcro. And munchkins (things to put frozen fruit into). They help A LOT with teething- but are a bit messy (the mess is totally worth it).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My daughter started teething at 4 months, drooling like a grown man sleeping. But she didn't get her first tooth until she was 11 months old.
    shadysyrup313

Answer by shadysyrup313 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I felt of his gums and on the top left there is a lump but no tooth has broke through. I don't know if that's one or not?

TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My son is a year old and most of the time we still have to put a bib on him. He just drools all the time! I have noticed there is more when he is teething, but some kids are just droolers.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008