Did starting a new family throw off your groove?

Idk...For some reason when i got married and had a baby, i expected that my friends and family would talk to me more than they do. I was just wondering if anyone else lost touch with friends or family because they started a new family and didn't feel like they had time or their friends/family didn't have time for them?

ManderInOrange

Asked by ManderInOrange at 11:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I only have like 2 friends from before my kids were born and they both live a good distance away now. Its sad to loose people close to you, but look what your getting in exchange =D
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• That's a very good point, come to think of it, my friends from before, when we do talk, all they talk about is parties etc. and i love to talk about my family! I actually think i've had more fun with my family than i've ever had with my friends (yeah, it's a different type of fun but who cares?!?!) Thanks!
    ManderInOrange

Answer by ManderInOrange at 11:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• WELLI WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT WHEN I GOT PREGNANT WIT MA DAUGHTER ALL MA FRIENDS LEFT DATS WHEN I DISCOVERED WHO MA REAL TRUE FRIENDS WERE.. NOW I KNOW WHO ALL MA REAL AND TRUE FRIENDS ARE THEY STAYED BY MA SIDE AND UR THERE FOR ME...

THEY KNOW I CAN'T GO OUT DAT MUCH BUT THEY STILL THERE FOR ME
    hz_babymama

Answer by hz_babymama at 11:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I haven't lost my friends b/c they all had kids before me, but my little sisters are around a lot less. My baby sister actually came out and said she can't handle the crying. I think I may have turned her of babies all together. My DD doesn't cry much, but when she does it is loud and proud. My baby sister has decided she wants to adopt a child between the ages 3-7. No problem with that in my book, but I do miss her coming over like she did.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• yes i know exactly what u mean, i thought my famly was still going to be close to me after i had my son but not at all, now they hardly talk to me and especially my hubbys family they never even call to see how our son is doing at all, and back then when i was still prego i remember my m.i.l saying she cant wait to spoil my son and it was all a bunch of bullshit because we dont even hear from that biatch! so i learned never to believe any of them and just be happy with my hubby and son and all those that dont talk to us anymore can go to hell!
    Anonymous

• well after i got married and had my kids those friends disappeared. except for one. i respected them as far as them having their own lives. its ok. im happy with my little family i got. yes it changed but it didnt bother me!! i wouldnt change it for the world. my choice!!
    brandoneaglemom

Answer by brandoneaglemom at 12:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I agree, my friends don't call like they use too or come to see me. I guess I'm all washed up. As far as my family we live in different states so that another story but I wasn't close to them that much except for my immediate family. I also miss my lil sis. we used to talk, hang out and just have a good laughin feast! She acts as if Im 80 or something now, she loves her niece but the crying and how she is no longer the baby in the family drives here crazy. Sometimes I do miss the times where everyone was in one place sharing funny stories....LOl But, I realize it time for me to create these memories for my daughter, prayfully her childhood and life memories be better than mine.
    novice2008

Answer by novice2008 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2008