Is this normal ?

I am just about 12 weeks and today I woke up feeling like I had done like 1 million crunches the day before. My abs hurt and I have no idea why or if I should be concerned. Im not having any cramping or spotting. Just sore muscules I guess. It really does feel like I did a million crunches.... I have no other why of explaining the feeling. No I have not done any crunches. I am thinking about calling the my doctor in the morning if I still feel like this.

jasiramommy

Asked by jasiramommy at 11:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I remember that feeling. It sucks. I was scared out of my mind, but was told it was normal. I would defently still call your doctor in the morning. Better safe than sorry. Good Luck!
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think it's just all the ligaments stretching and making room, lots of other stuff is going on in there too! I had the same feeling a few months ago
    willswifey

Answer by willswifey at 11:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• the other moms are right. Its just the muscles stretchign and stuff. But a call to the doc can certainly bring reassurance that we cant. Good luck and congrats
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• There isnt anything wrong!I freaked out when it happened to me cause i was terrified that i was starting to miscarry or something..truth be known,itll happen till you deliver but there are ways to sooth it some!Try a Tylenol and a heat pad!and/or soak in a hot bath for a while!or go to the health food store and buy cat nip tea(old remedy my gma introduced to me).the box will tell you how to make it but it helps you relax and tastes pretty good too!and its also good for helping your baby sleep!my son has loved it since he was 1 month old!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 1:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2008