Would this break your heart? adult content

I have two adult children, one married, one single. The married one has never come to visit me since he left for college. The single one told me this past week that there was nothing he wanted from his old room and that he will no longer be coming to visit. We had a good relationship, I sent them both to great colleges, gave them each a car and I gave each of them a down payment on a home. They tell my my humble home is in the 'ghetto'.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• After my brother got back from college he changed into a very different person, too. He was better than my DAD, who gave him everything!!!! He won't talk to me, either. I am SOOOO sorry for your pain. It is VERY unfair & I would have a serious talk with him. Don't hold it in, let him know how offended you are.
    HUGE HUGS!!!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Either they are two ungrateful little pricks or there's more to this story.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how much this must hurt. It sounds like maybe you did your job alittle too well and now they have a superiority complex.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• umm no offense but how rude are your kids!!!! That is just umm not right!!!!! Im so sorry!!!!
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That would break my heart! Maybe they dont want to visit you, but what about you visiting them... see what all you have gave to them... There is a certain "Prince of bel air" episode that this reminds me of... Got to seach for it! Maybe you should email/ send it to him so he can get a wake up call..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Awww I'm so sorry.... I'm afraid you're going to have to let go, and if they come crying to you, you're going to have to turn them away if they only come because they want something.... If they just want to see how you are, and visit, that's fine, but not for anything else. I'm so sorry I don't have more advice.... I hope things turn around for you...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

^^^^^THIS!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yes that would break my heart! they need to remember where they are from and if anything, give back to where they came from. They should be proud they have risen above and share their success stories with others and give credit to the woman who made it all possible!
    supermom326

Answer by supermom326 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Sounds like you gave them every"thing" except good moral values. They obviously didn't learn to value your hard work for them or you as their mother or where they came from. I'm very sorry for you all.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Spoiled brats.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2010