HOw can I getmy 19 month old back on schedule? He was on orapred and ever since he wont go to sleep he just passes out when ever and is up at the crack of dawn

pandora2024

Asked by pandora2024 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep him up! Play, bath , play and then ticklefest... An hour at night could get you 2 to sleep in in the morn.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• He is up by 7 or sooner and he takes a nap round 10 or so dad says so I figure he would be tired b ut he is still up now leaning on my fighting sleep. Dad says he is to tired mid-morning to not take a nap
    pandora2024

Comment by pandora2024 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If a later nap works then try it. If 2naps works then there yA go. I have 22 month youngest of 4 so he's out by 730 and up at 7 when we get up for school. He takes about an hour hour 1/2 nap about 2 in the afternoon. If I want to keep him up I give a bath he loves to play in the water. Try it in the afternoon. If he has a binky take it. It may piss him off enough to keep him up. Put up a blanket over window and curtin so to imatate night time. He prolly be cranky too at first but worth it when back on schedule
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my son is on orapred to. He is up at 6:30 am every day, and wont fall asleep until 11 pm or later (hes 13 months). I just hold him in bed and sing endless songs to try to get him to fall asleep. My husband has also been know to give him a few bite of ice cream and hope the sugar crash knocks him out..... yes, my DH is annoying but he does it when I'm in the shower and can't slap him for it. Hes like a dog if you dont say no right at the time hes doing it, he just keeps doing it!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• OMGosh, I thought your post said he was RAPED, and I was so freaked out for your family.

I would suggest just being consistent about bedtime, and letting him cry it out or having some other consistent routine for him.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010