• In the Spotlight:

Breast Pump

Does anyone have a good electric breast pump that they are not using anymore that they would be willing to sell to me for pretty cheap? I am having pump issues and my supply is in trouble. I started back to work today and the pump I got yesterday isn't working for some reason. I can't figure out if it is put together wrong or what and I am very frustrated. That pump replaced another pump that had stopped working so I basically haven't been able to pump for a week or so and precious milk is being wasted.

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 11:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can buy a hand pump at walmart for about 15$ I know it's a lot of work.. but it's worth it .. until you can get an electric one! good luck!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• yeah, I have one of those.. it doesn't work either. I just refuse to buy another one unless I know it works good.
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 11:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• try calling the breast care center at your hospital.. they sell great pumps there. idk.. i know it is so stressful...
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I just sold mine sorry.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• are you on WIC? They will help you out... or call the local health dept for low cost options
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Just FYI -- It is not sanitary to buy a used breast pump unless its medical grade. Electric pumps sold for consumer use are not made for multiple users, you could potentially pass something from the previous owner to your child. You could call the lactation center and ask about renting a hospital grade pump - that may be cheaper? I've owned the Pump in Style by Medela, but I have to say I have a manual pump by Dr. Brown and it was wonderful!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• sometimes women's let-down doesnt respont to a breastpump the same as a baby, so you might consider that the pump isnt the problem, but that a pump just doesnt work for you.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Be sure you're drinking lots of water
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i got my pump at target for 38 bucks. its electric n works great. so thats not to bad for a new pump. but i agree with the person above its not sanitary to use a used pump unless its medically sanitized.
    haileysmommy017

Answer by haileysmommy017 at 5:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• well I always heard you could rent one so I thought if you could rent one than it would be sanitary.. but my letdown is not the problem, I had an electric pump that stopped working.. it worked fine and then it just stopped. The one I bought to replace it has 0 suction. Trust me, there is milk in there.. my baby is 10 weeks old so I have estabished my supply, its just the shitty breast pumps I bought.. but that was my mistake I should have just bought a good one
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 6:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2008