when walking...

does it really matter how many laps/miles you do as long as you walk? i mean cant just walking for at least 30 minutes still be helpful for you. I am from a small town and everyone posts on facebook how many miles they walk a day or laps. I dont wanna be competive but gah does it really matter how much you do? I feel great just gettin up and going!!!

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• try to do 45 mins walking but alternate warm up for 5 mins then speed walk for 2 mins back to normal speed for a 1-2 min, and so forth..
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 1:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm from a small town too and seems everything is all the talk of the town. If anyone has a problem with how much U walk then that's their problem not yours. Good job getting up and going! Keep going and when it gets too cold for everyone else kick their asses! Donnt stop. You know they will. You can do it.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I guess it depends on what your goals are. If its just general fitness, anything is better than nothing, but the more you walk, the more calories you'll burn. What is probably more important, is that you get your heart rate up while walking. Make sure you're walking at a brisk pace and that you aren't just taking a leisurely stroll in order to get the most benefits!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yes you can just walk for 30min enjoy
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I stroll my son around around in his stroller on the walking track at the near by park. but i dont just walk slow. i stay at a good fast pace. i can feel the affects too. my legs are startin to ease up a bit. i really enjoy it tho. gives me time to clear my head each morning and puts me in a good mood. after i am thru i come home and go ahead and do all my daily housework while i am still on my little energy kick. thanks everyone for the postive feedback. its real encouraging!!!
    jbond83

Comment by jbond83 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• As long as you get your heart rate up, it is good exercise. Some ppl lollygag walk and then that is just a stroll ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010