my boss was fired am i next

just found out my boss was fired he owned the store where im gm and now it is owned by a man who has more then 50% of the company.....i called a girl that spoke with them and she said the told her i was going to be fired as well do to the fact my sells are low.but when i spoke to them earlier that day they said i was doing fine and they would help me more with sales....so can i really get fired for that or right off the bat the 1st week they have the store? if so any ideas on what to do im the only working person and have a husband and 1year old. lots of bills

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Unfortunately they probably can fire you. That doesn't mean they will. If they are willing to work with you, make sure you go the extra mile to keep your job. Never be late, stay over if necessary, that sort of thing. I also would update my resume if I were you in case the worst happens. If it does, ask for severance pay, that will help. You don't say why your husband is not working, but maybe he needs to see if he can find something in case you have to live on unemployment for a while.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's not very likely that they would tell someone else you were going to be fired before they would tell you. Sounds like the rumor mill to me.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010