my boss was fired am i next

just found out my boss was fired he owned the store where im gm and now it is owned by a man who has more then 50% of the company.....i called a girl that spoke with them and she said the told her i was going to be fired as well do to the fact my sells are low.but when i spoke to them earlier that day they said i was doing fine and they would help me more with sales....so can i really get fired for that or right off the bat the 1st week they have the store? if so any ideas on what to do im the only working person and have a husband and 1year old. lots of bills

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• How did he own the store but was fired?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would simply ensure you are working as hard as possible to increase sales and ask for any training or coachig they may have available. :) Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• get prepared, start looking for another job or save up some $$ for unemployment times. Expect them to tell you they're helping with sales then you not meet their quota and they let you go in a few months
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Depending on the state, you can be fired for NO reason. I wouldn't trust what someone else says, she could want your job.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Well it certainly doesn't look good. I would start looking; I do wish you luck and hopefully it won't happen.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• What are you doing to raise the sales of your store?

Jeremy's mom, a franchise owner can get fired, pretty easily, actually.

I would create an action plan to increase sales. Don't make excuses, but do have specific examples of sales increasing ideas that your old boss wouldn't let you try. She may have heard that they are going to give you a certain amount of time, but will fire you if you don't produce results.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• they bought him out?
    spookshowbaby

Answer by spookshowbaby at 10:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• they bought him out?
    spookshowbaby

• "a franchise owner can get fired, pretty easily, actually"

I have always wondered about that. I have only known of one franchise owner who had his business taken away but that was because the Health Department shut him down.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I sure hope not. It sure does stink having to worry about whether or not your job is on the line. Our life was completely different two years ago before my Husband was laid off. He's now making half of what he used to make. I'm now working from home to help us out. Have you ever thought about working from home to make some extra money? I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:54 AM on Sep. 30, 2010