Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can a landlord be appointed by a court to act for a deceased tenant?

My dh wants to buy a truck from a client who was renting a house to an old man who passed away having no heirs. It's been 3 years since he passed on and the truck is still sitting on the property. The client would love to sell the truck and get it off of his property. It seems that unless you have a lien and put it up for auction the only other way would be to be appointed by the court to act for the deceased. But how do you do that?


Asked by sherry729 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • i dont know but i do know after a certain amount of time it becomes abandoned poperty you might look in to that

    Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • I agree with ilove about abandoned property.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 9:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2008