Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Help What does my child have?

My 3 year old son has been dyanoses with Sensory Processing Disorder and ADHD but I have been doing some research and aspergers seem more like him. The meds he is on have been a trial and error and it seems that every 2 months the meds stop working How do I start a confersation with his Dr to let her know I think there is more than SPD or ADHD.

Answer Question

Asked by mom2b4u at 10:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 5 (81 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Just tell them. You know your child better than they do. I have learned that my "mommy sense" seems to be spot on.

    Answer by Memigen at 10:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

  • I would go and take him to another Dr for a second opinion. If u go to the same Dr they going to diagonise him and give ur baby different type of medicine to control that. If that was my child I would go another doctor for second opinion. I wish u luck and I'll be thinking about u.

    Answer by andmaef28 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

  • Go to another doctor for a second opinion

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

  • Straight up tell them. If they do not want to listen to you get another Dr. You are around your child more than them although they are drs they are human and can make a mistake . Good luck. Either way. You have a road ahead of you, make the best of it :)

    Answer by stepho345 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

  • Okay first of all if he does not need adhd meds. But in fact he needs something else for a another diease the meds for Adhd will make it worse. Trust me on this one. I have been through this I know what I am talking about. My Son was on ADHD meds for months and in fact he was not ADHD but was later diagnosed with mood disdorders and ODD and his development was slow.

    Please continue to tell the doc that something is not right. Make him listen. I had to change docs to find out what was going on with my son. Even after taking his meds for ADHD his behavior would not get better in fact it was getting worse. Tell the doc that you did some research your self. Make him listen to you. You are with him all the time the doc is not. Get his teacher to write a letter. Sign him up for disability to. They will do things to help also.

    Answer by redneckmom777 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • Get an entirely new doctor.


    Good luck, I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction and with your son's best interest in mind.

    Answer by Radarma at 1:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.