How can I get my childs father to understand that I have moved on and that my SO is not bad at all.

My daughters father and I had been together since I was 14 I had my daughter @18 I recently have moved on to my SO and he is awesome he helps me with my daughter and overcoming her helath challanges: asthma and her allergies which they share in common he helps around the house so I can go to school and work .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• It doesn't matter what your BD thinks about your SO. As long as your SO isn't harming or hurting your child there is nothing that your BD can do about it, he shouldn't have a say in your personal life what so ever. You can talk to him and tell him how you feel and let him know the good things your SO does, if you feel the need to talk to him about it. But remember that at the end of the day he no longer has a say in your life outside of your child together.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 11:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• when you get an answer to your dilema can you let me know i more or less have a similar situation and looking for a way to comvice him and even resorted to setting him up with dates-nothing worked so far.
    MamaDebbie209

Answer by MamaDebbie209 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I AGREE WIT DA FIRST ANSWER IT DOES NOT MATTER WAT UR BABY DADDY THINKS ABOUT UR SO... AS LONG AS UR SO IS RESPECT AND LOVING.. I KNOW WAT U R GOING THROUGH I WENT THROUGH DAT WIT MA BABY DADDY BUT FINALLY HE UNDERSTOOD THAT MA SO IS A BETTER FATHER THAN HE WOULD EVER BE..
    hz_babymama

Answer by hz_babymama at 11:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You don't have to convince your Ex to accept your new SO. If you believe he is good to you and your daughter, you don't need to justify him to anyone really. Tell your BD that he will just have to trust that you are going to use your best judgment and make the right decisions. With that being said, others looking in from the outside can sometimes see things we can't in the relationship. So if your Ex has suspicions about your SO, try to keep an objective open mind and listen.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2008