31 weeks pregnant and accidentaly electricuted myself!!!

I was trying to plug my adapter into the outlet and my finger got too close to one of the prongs. After going to the ER they confirmed the baby was fine and I walked away with a finger being scorched but Im still really scared the baby was affected and I wont now till hes born :(

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 10:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hey I electrocuted myslef two weeks ago while cleaning my oven. I got the light bulb socket wet and it held me there. Luckily, I was on the phone with my mom and she called my MIL who lives beside us and she came and took me to the ER. Two weeks later I'm still feeling the baby kick and move so I'm sure things are fine. The ER doc explained that my body would have absorbed the majority of it and not to worry.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 11:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yikes!! I'm sure your body adsorbed the effects of it. Just take it easy, watch for any cramping and don't try to plug anything else in for 9 more weeks! lol
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I was walking in a storm with an umbrella when I was preggo. Dumb, I know. I got a little shock/struck by lightning. My son is fine.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm sure the baby is fine :)
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• long as baby is moving im sure baby is ok seems youd take the brunt of it baby is well protected
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010