Can she hear me?

Im 23 weeks pregnant. Can my baby hear me when I talk to her or does she just hear the tone of my voice?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• she can hear you and everything around you. she will recognize your voice when she's born, and if daddy talks to her enough, then she'll recognize his voice too. my dh talked to our son more than i did (normally after work i would just pass out on the couch, lol. working with kids while pregnant does that to you) and then my dh would come home and talk to him. when he was born, he prefered daddy over me, because he knew daddy's voice very well. we were at his 1 week appt, and the doctors had to measure him. he cried, of course, cuz he was naked and had all these strangers holding him, and all my dh had to say was "it's ok Dakota, daddy's right here", my DS stopped and looked right at him. the doctors said they were amazed, cuz they'd never seen that happen before.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Have you ever laid in the tub with your ears below the water??? I think it's like that...
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• needless to say, he is such a daddy's boy. as for my DD, i talked to her more, and she knows my voice more, because daddy worked more while i was preggo with her, so he didn't talk to her as much as he did with our DS, so she prefers me more...
    armywife43

• She can hear you. Your voice travels through your body as well as through the stomach walls. She hears the tone of other people's voices unless they get really close to your tummy.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2008