• In the Spotlight:

CAN I USE MY ILLINOIS LINK CARD IN IOWA?

I live in Chicago and we are going to visit my brother in Iowa tomorrow. I don't have cash till next week but I have my link card and will need to buy food while we are there(maybe) for me and baby-please respond asap if you know or have used your link card outside of Illinois before-thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Food & Drink

• http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=35280

I didn't see anything regarding out of state use, but you can call the help line and ask them.

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• By "link card" are we talking a food stamp card? I'm sure you can. I use to work as a cashier in a tourist town and took out of state cards all of the time. : )
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think it is a state card I do not think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I live on the IL/WI border in a border town...and I know that LINK can be used just across the boarder in WI HERE. On the other side of the border I see signs in WI that say IL LINK accepted here.

Then again like I said I live in a border town. One of those I can be on the south side of the street and be in IL but if I cross the street and stand on the north side of the street I'm in WI. I think it's like that because it a border town: But I can't be 100% sure because I don't use it.

That's why I suggested to the OP to call IL LINK help line. They would be able to answer her question better then any of us could.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2008