How old was your child when you changed them into a toddler bed?

My son is 15 months old and is doing amazing with it. We started it 2 weeks ago and he will crawl into bed when its bed time or nap time and go right to sleep. He hasnt even fell out of bed! How hard was it for you to get your child to start sleeping in a "big boy bed"?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 11:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter started at about 1 1/2 or so (we needed the crib for the next kid, lol). We had a few issues with her crawling out to play with toys, but she always did it quietly. Now, she usually lays down and goes to sleep, but sometimes she'll get a toy and bring it to bed to play with there.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We switched around 18 months cause she was trying to climb IN her crib.
    Never fell out either and really never had any problems getting her to stay in it.
    At 3 she got a Full size and has fallen out 1x.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It was about 2 years old.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I always thought that is was going to be hard because of them rolling out of bed or getting up to play but i havnt had any of those problems. I have been told that I changed him over to soon because he was not trying to get out of bed nor do we have another child on the way. We first did it just to see how he did with his nap and it was wonderful so we didnt put the bar back up on his crib. I crawled into his bed eariler today and he walked in and gave me his little teddy bear to cuddle with lol.
    Shelii

Comment by Shelii (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My son almost 3 years. He was not crawling out, he was sleeping really well,etc..saw no reason. He also potty trained right after 3 years.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• 13 months. But my son never slept in his crib. He used to sleep in our bed. Now he sleep on his toddler bed and something get up to our bed. The toddler bed is in our room.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I moved my 4 out of the crib when they could manage to get out of the crib on their own. I really didn't have a set year they switched... just more control on my part I suppose where they couldn't get hurt flipping outta the crib. At least the toddler bed was alot closer to the floor.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My DS was 23 months because he climbed/fell out of his crib. It was a bit difficult with us but once I found the Super Nanny Method it worked like a charm. I will warn you chances are he will regress in a few months...just to make your life more interesting. Especially since he has not challenged you in the beginning. My DS did this after about 4 months and it was a nighmare for about 2 weeks...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• 2.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010