Landslide in Washington state?

how commoners they? We're looking at a move to Bellevue, WA an I was reading online that they occur in Seattle which worries me being that Bellevue seems like a rock throw from Seattle. Is it anything to be majorly concerned with?..we live in Arkansas now so we deal with severe weather such as tornados..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We just moved to Washington and it never crossed my mind.  We live like 1/2 mile from the Columbia River (outside of Vancouver).  My kids freaked out at the thought of earthquakes, though.  We're from Chicago so we don't get earthquakes (although one did wake me up earlier this year...it was like a 2.7 or something...like a big truck or a train going by, lol).  Also, Mt. Saint Helen is right in our back yard and Mt. Hood can be seen from our front porch (if the tree and house across the street weren't in the way).  The kids don't like to think about that.  Volcanoes=scary.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010