What do you do when your husband.....

hasn't touched me in over a year? I have not made love with my husband in over a year. It is driving me crazy! I asked him about it and he says it is not me it is him. I have stressed that if he has a problem, see a doctor. Nothing. What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• sorry i can't help you there. i try to keep his hands OFF me sometimes...maybe you can try a date night or something?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• that is serious, I know at one point I was not interested in having sex with my boyfriend because he turned me off and I was not turned on. Now that we are on better terms I'm more sexual. Not sure what advice I could give you here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Is he taking any medication that can lower his sex drive? My husband all so had low testosterone which all so lowers your sex drive. We are lucky to have sex once a month. He as Viagra to help but he doesn't like to use it. Have him get his testosterone level checked. If its low there are patches he can ware to bring his levels back up. If its because of medication there is not much that can be done to correct that except stop taking it which if he needs it would not be a good idea. I hope this helped some.

dia4

Answer by dia4 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I would definitely be concerned. I'd be more concerned as to why he is not interested in seeking help as well. If not a doctor, then maybe counseling. Is he affectionate at all with you? It's hard to comment more without more info. Do you have any reason to believe he might be sexing someone else? Does he say he is just not interested in sex? Or is he also frustrated about the issue? At any rate, I think it's important to get to the root of the problem. If it can't be fixed, I think your relationship is definitely going to suffer. I'm sure it already is.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I dont have that problem now but i did!I just went to BOOKS A MILLION and read sex books!!there are lots for problems like this and its more common than you know!My husband and i went to a pizza parlor,(the baby was with his mom for the night)and enjoyed the alone time!talked and laughed and played archade games then went home and watched a movie and cuddled!i got up off the couch to "go to the bathroom" and came back in a cute and flirty gown!We cuddled more and kissed and my problem was solved!now if i notice a slow down or anything i just try to find a way to spice things up a little!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 2:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• counseling or a doctor, he might even have a porn addiction {which can cause that} could be a whole bunch of things.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• has he told you whether he "can't" or doesn't "feel like it"? Can't could mean heart disease (narrowing of ALL arteries in body), doesn't feel like it could mean he is depressed- thyroid, hormones, overweight... get him to a doctor- just a gp to start and go with him if at all possible. Just keep stressing how much you love and care for him and want him healthy and you WANT HIM!LOL Good luck- didn't mean to scare you- there is usually a medical reason why guys stop being intimate- and they don't want to talk about it or go to a dr- too bad!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 4:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• MAYBE HE'S GETTING SEX FROM SOMEBODY ELSE! YOU SHOULD INVESTIGATE THAT! ASAP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• He might have low testosterone levels. He should get himself checked. I agree with mtnmama111.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm in the same boat...we had our sixth child last yr in July and we've had sex 2 times since then! I've confronted him, I've initiated sex, I've emailed him naughty notes...nothing! He says it's b/c he's gotten lazy about our relationship...whatever!!! That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard!!! If you figure out how to get through to your DH, then you go girl!! I'm tired of being the only one trying to spice things up in this relationship!! Something's gotta give...and soon!!!! I'm beginning to feel like a caged animal-LOL!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2008