• In the Spotlight:

Ok lets see does this stuff smell or is it just me?

Ok this might sound gross, and nasty but is it just me or does the sperm really smell? I ask this because even after takinga shower I feel as if I can still smell the sperm. I am told I have a VERY strong nose and can smell everything. I can smell the comet the people used in the bathroom from my office and it has been flushed and half way down the hall from my office. So the question is does any one eles smell it after a shower and half way working the next day? I stand there at times saying I smell and its gross. Sorry this is to much info. But just wondering :)

moma22angels

Asked by moma22angels at 12:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I think so, I told my boyfriend he smells like a cleaner....LOL
    novice2008

Answer by novice2008 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yes it has a smell...although, i'm not sure, everyone has a differents smell i think??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have only been with him so have no idea about other men.:)
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think it has to do with what they eat... (i heard that somewhere) My husbands doesn't
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes it has a scent, but to me it's not offensive. And I don't recall smelling sperm after I've showered. But I may not be as sensitive as you are. You say it's gross. Do you think it may be somewhat psychological? Like you really don't smell it, but you just feel unclean? You don't have to reply... just a thought.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yes, and i gag every time i smell it.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm sure every guy is different, and it has a lot to do with their diet. My DH doesn't have stinky sperm, and I am very sensitive to smells like you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My husband is a diabetic and I can smell the difference when his sugar level is higher and it is gross and I can smell it the next day even after showering. I read somewhere that a lot of women are allergic to sperm. Have you tried using massingale after sex to help? You shouldn't use it more than a couple of times a week, but it might help unless you're having sex every day, or multiple times a day. Men also get yeast infections and they smell bad too. I think I'd go in for my yearly check up and ask the dr about what you can do about it.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It all smells like Comet cleanser, especially if they haven't had sex in awhile, it builds
    up and smells like clorine.
    Anonymous

• I've heard that it has to do with what they eat/drink. I read somewhere that if they drink pineapple juice, it actually makes it sweet! I've personally never noticed my DH's smelling, and , too, have a sensitive nose.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008