Books About Unmedicated Childbirth?

This is my 5th pregnancy, 6 child, (we had twins) and I've always had an epidural with my births. I don't regret that but I think I would like to try it without the epidural this time. No great reason. I just want to do it. I would like to read some good information about natural childbirth. I don't want to read someone bashing all the different birthing options but I would like some pain coping technics and such to try and prepare for this birth a bit. Suggestions?

Dabberdoo

Asked by Dabberdoo at 11:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• EEEEkkkkk! Good luck!
    Daisyj22

Answer by Daisyj22 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• ROFL @ Daisyj22
    I may feel the exact same way come labor!! LOL I labored for quite a while with my twins before the epidural and was really doing quite well. We'll see!
    Dabberdoo

Comment by Dabberdoo (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• There are plenty of reasons to have a natural birth!!
    :-D
    How about the healthiest-safest route for you and your baby?
    There are many books you can get, also consider a birth class, videos, a birth doula, too!

Order some books from your library and dive right in!
    :-)
    Good luck!

Ina May's Guide To Childbirth
    Gentle Birth Choices
    The Birth Book
    Birthing From Within
    Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering.
    The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth
    Childbirth The Bradley Way
    HypnoBirthing

I can think of more, lol, but that is a start!!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I recommend a child birth class that covers all of them. Really focus on your breathing and having the father be your coach is very important. My husband would watch the screen and let me know when a contraction was coming and he would remind me to relax every part of my body. When I tensed up it had a negative effect. My cervix wouldn't open up with the contractions. It is all about remembering to relax. i know easier said than done. You can do it, I just HIGHLY recommend birthing classes and applying what you learn.
    DawnDietz777

Answer by DawnDietz777 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ina mays guide to childbirth.... AMAZING.. this 1 book alone is all I read & it turned me into a new birther! LOL..
    Im with doulala... natural birth is just awesome!!! Trust your body. forget the fear.

You have to remember we have been told almost our whole life to fear birth.. Its hard to get that out of your head.. but once you do, its very freeing!

My advice is prepare your hubby, your dr, or anyone else around you.. Once you start to labor, your mind will say "natural please" but nurses/ dr will start asking "you ready for that epi yet" and may even try to pressure you.. Its hard to say no.. really! I wanted natural, but it was easier to nod yes.. IDK why! Thankfully the dr. got there & it was too late for one :) I would have shoo'ed him away i think though if he tried.. lol... But a team that believes in natural birth & will help you stick to that choice helps..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Good luck.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Birthing From Within is AWESOME!! I highly recommend it!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010